What's Going On!

I know a lot of you find yourselves wondering about what in the world is going on with the interns and the church, so I decided it was time to have a little update post for everyone.

SO

We've been working really hard on the Pinnacle lately, trying to get the tent up and ready for church and worship nights in the colder weather. So far we have two HUGE military tents up there ready to receive heat from the stoves we'll be installing in each one. After they are heated, it will be so much more pleasant to be up there for hours on end. And believe me, we want to be up there for hours on end :) God is doing awesome stuff up there.

The things God is going to be doing in the church, the internship, and the Pinnacle are going to be amazing. We want to be as prepared as possible for whatever God wants to do...so these tents are going to be such a blessing for the church and the interns because now we don't have to freeze our faces off in the winter on the mountain, and if all goes well, we will be able to meet in the high school as little as possible.

Besides work we've been having a blast as the holidays come nearer and nearer. A few of the interns went home for Thanksgiving (including myself) and the rest got to spend the day with close friends and church members who were willing to take them in :) We have just a few more weeks until Christmas break when all the interns will go home for a few weeks with their families. Then we'll be back at it in January for round 2!

I think I speak for all of us when I say my experience here has been a "scary-wonderful" one so far. There has been an extraordinary amount of change and growth just by being in this house and learning from our teachers and leaders. For me, I've never wanted to change more than I do right now. God is doing so much in my life and I just get to hand my heart over to Him and watch Him do the work in me. It's a real blessing to be in this atmosphere of grace for this new season.



campfire up on the Pinnacle

Blessings,
Jourdan Meyers
1st Yr. intern



Questions? feel free to comment on this page or our facebook; we'd be happy to answer any questions or comments you may have about the internship...or email us at ssomnh@live.com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

interesting thoughts